Role Summary: The Person in Charge is responsible to direct and coordinate the management of the nursing home, establish and maintain a standard of residential care and activities in accordance with the best national and international practices and within available resources. Coordinate the management of all staff in establishing and maintaining the standard as set out by Sonas and Statutory Regulations. Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality
|Education & Qualifications:|
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, CPR, Dementia, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
|Skills and Experience:|
- Minimum three years’ previous work experience in a management capacity is essential.
- Minimum three years’ experience in the area of nursing of older people within the last six years’.
- Minimum six years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
- Full Irish Driver’s License and access to own transport is essential