Benefits of working for Sonas Nursing Homes:
- All Meals Provided while on duty
- Career Progression
- Training and Development Provided
- Refer a Friend Bonus
- Free on-site Parking
- Induction Training Program
- Education Assistance Program
Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- In the absence of the Person in Charge; undertake the role and responsibilities of the PIC in line with the Health Act 2007, related regulations and HIQA National Quality Standards.
- Support and assist the PIC in overseeing the organisation, management and operations of all aspects of the Nursing Home in coordination with the registered provider.
- Provide leadership and clinical supervision to staff thus improving standards and maintaining a high morale amongst the team.
- Establish and maintain through high standards of professional conduct and practice, a caring environment which is person centred and is conducive to the physical, emotional, social and spiritual individual needs of the residents.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality
- Contribute to the safeguarding of residents, taking steps to protect residents from any form of abuse or neglect and use the appropriate reporting mechanisms to inform the relevant parties of any concerns.
- Must be available to work day, night and weekend shifts when required.
Education & Qualifications Required:
- Third Level Degree in Nursing.
- Registered with An Bord Altranais and hold an active PIN.
- Current and valid Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling, Medication Management, Dementia,CPR, Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
- Post-registration qualification in healthcare management or equivalent is essential. In the absence of such a qualification, the appointee will be required to undertake such training.
- Post-registration qualification in Gerontology or Dementia Care is desirable.
Skills & Experience:
- Minimum 6 years’ post-registration nursing experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ work experience in a Nursing Home environment.
- Minimum 1 year work experience in a management capacity is desirable.
- Experience in leading, motivating and supporting an effective and efficient team.
- Proven clinical competence and passionate about delivering outstanding care to older people.
How to Apply:
Please email your Cv to email@example.com