Duties & Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Organise, promote and facilitate activities for residents in conjunction with the care team.
- Coordinate activity programmes that will maintain interest and progression over a period of time.
- Identify the needs of the collective group of individuals and tailor the activities to suit.
- Record and update resident’s documentation on engagement levels during activities.
- Ability to build links with the local community, voluntary bodies and healthcare organisations.
- Promote, encourage and practice the ethos of person-centred care.
- Establish and maintain relationships with residents that are based on respect and equality.
- Effectively communicate with residents, visitors and colleagues.
- Encourage involvement from the local community to attend your activities programmes.
- Support and assist the management team during internal and external audits/inspections.
- Be committed, patient and caring person with a sense of humour and a positive outlook on life.
- Activities programmes must adhere to the Sonas Values, policies and procedures of the nursing home and the working environment.
- Must be available to work various days, evenings and weekend shifts when required
Education & Qualifications:
- FETAC/QQI Level 5 in Healthcare or related field (preferable).
- Care of the Older Person, Dementia Care and Palliative Care Support Modules are desirable or willing to complete (Preferable).
- Current and valid CPR, Infection Control, Manual and Resident Moving & Handling & Safeguarding of Vulnerable Adults Certificates (training can be provided if required).
Skills and Experience:
- Previous working experience in Care of the Older Person within a residential care home setting.
- Specialist skills in cooking, gardening, knitting, music, arts and crafts would be desirable.
- Dementia courses / training completed
- Possess a high regard for and practice good health and safety procedures at all times.
- Passionate about delivering outstanding services to older people.
- Full Irish Driver’s License is essential.