The Accounts/Payroll Assistant will be responsible for providing administrative support to the Payroll and Finance team. To assist in the processing of the payment of staff wages to all staff.
Assist in the management of accounts payable and maintaining an appropriate filing system necessary to ensure the smooth running of the accounts and payroll administration function.
Accounts Main Activities:
- Work with the Administrator’s and Managers across all Nursing Home’s and crèches in requesting the timely receipt of payroll hours for processing. Dealing with their queries and raising issues when they arise.
- Assist in the processing of fortnightly and monthly payroll in a timely manner.
- Assist in reviewing and processing of monthly and yearly Revenue Submissions.
- Reconcile the payroll with TAS and Revenue. Reconciling and maintaining payroll-related General Ledger accounts.
- Process deductions and set-up and manage the spreadsheets for on-going deductions.
- Deal with and respond to employee and management queries in a timely manner.
- Verify that transactions comply with financial policies and procedures
- Review the Suppliers Invoices and Monthly Statements that are approved in our business units.
- Matching of supplier invoices against the supplier statement
- Enter of supplier invoices on to our TAS accounts package.
- Preparation of the monthly Bank Reconciliation on to TAS.
- Assist in the process Petty Cash & debit card payments onto our accounts TAS.
- Assist in Recording all creditor payments.
- Assist in Preparation of Supplier month payments run.
- Assist in posting all Cashbook transactions (all receipts and payments) on to Tas
- This list is not exhaustive and other duties may be assigned at the discretion of other members of the Finance Team.
- 3rd Level Qualification in Business or Accounting or similar related discipline
- Working knowledge of at least one accounts package & a payroll package.
- Experience of processing of staff wages & processing of invoices.
- Proficient in MS Office packages